I missed my court date ..i requested by latter re schedule my court date but hey declined ??

Asked over 1 year ago - Redmond, WA

me and my family applied for asylum and they have gotten approved .mine still unknown when we applied i was over 21 years old. pls help me any idea . and another question this quarter i start attend school which is Seattle Central college and then they said i must pay which is 12 credit over 2000$. does law says that even i have my work permit and SSN.

tnks all of you thank you
more info
yes my court date was on different date from my parents court date and i missed mine i mean i did'nt attend.

1. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . More information is needed. Did you miss your court date? If not, then you really need a competent and experienced immigration attorney to review the situation. You may be disqualified from asylum if you waited too long to file.

In addition, a State may charge a foreigner out of state tuition, but this depends upon the rules in a particular state. It is best to carefully discuss whether you are a legal resident of the State, which may be different from being a lawful permanent resident green card holder.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible so that you avoid losing your rights to in state tuition and possible misunderstanding what you have to prove to an immigration court to be approved for asylum, withholding or a Convention Against Torture Claim. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  2. Rebecca T White

3

1

Answered . I am not clear from your question if you had a separate court date from your family you did not attend, or if something else has happened with your situation. You need to consult with an attorney quickly to determine what your options are at this time.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

1

Answered . You need to meet with an attorney .... FAST.

School tuition rates are based on people having lawful resident status ... yes the school can do whatever the want ...meet with an admissions officer to discuss their tuition structure.

4. Nicklaus James Misiti

1

1

Answered . If you missed your court date you are in serious trouble. Why are you mailing letters to immigration? You need to work with an attorney and fast as there are prompt deadlines if you are going to have any chance of reopening your case.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407