I missed a rolling retest and my po asked me

Houston, TX |

hi i am from texas i have an interlock device in my vechile for my first dwi i went to c my po and she told me that i have 1 missed rolling test that means when i pass the breathalyzer to start the car and didnt take a test 5 min into the drive. idk whats gonna happen she just asked me about it and i told her the truth i really didnt know
what could happen

This isn't going to violate your probation. Interlock's have lots of problems and sometimes it's hard to hear them beeping for a new breath sample to continue driving.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten
State Wide Representation

Avvo attorney's donate their time to answer questions on this forum for free. If you feel and answer has covered your question please mark it as the best answer and as helpful. It's greatly appreciated.

Your probation can be revoked for any violation. One minor violation such as this isn't likely to cause a pv, but some judges do have a policy that every single interlock violation be reported. You need to be extremely careful with that device.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney who practices criminal law in your jurisdiction for the most accurate legal advice.

With an IID device you need to be aware when it requires a test be performed. The iid's have their problems - so it is doubtful that a single issue will violate your probation- but it can.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY