I missed a payment on a payment plan do I have to pay the full amount now??

Asked over 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO

it was the first payment and I forgot about it .

1. Deborah F Bowinski

6

Answered . You haven't really provided enough information to allow for a helpful answer. Are you in a chapter 13 plan and missed a plan payment? Are you in a chapter 7 and missed a payment to your trustee for non-exempt asset turnover? Are you in a payment arrangement with a creditor to try to stave off a garnishment?

If you have an attorney you hod contact him or her immediately. If you do not have one, then if you can provide a little more info and clarification the I might be better able to help.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

5

Answered . You need to talk to your bankruptcy attorney about this situation.

Dan

3. Matthew Scott Berkus

3

Answered . Talk to your bankruptcy attorney. For the sake of answering your question, I am going to assume we are talking about a chapter 13 bankruptcy payment plan and you missed your first payment.

If your in Colorado Springs, then your chapter 13 trustee is Doug Kiel; in general, so long as the payments are current by the date of the first confirmation hearing, no harm, no foul.

Bottom line, pay to bring it current, and you should be fine.

4. Diane L Gruber

Pro

3

Answered . Did you miss a Ch.13 Plan payment? Some trustees are more lenient than others, but YES you will have to make it up BEFORE your bankruptcy is finished. Talk to your BK attorney.