I missed a payment on a payment plan do I have to pay the full amount now??

Colorado Springs, CO |

it was the first payment and I forgot about it .

1. You need to talk to your bankruptcy attorney about this situation.

Dan

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. You haven't really provided enough information to allow for a helpful answer. Are you in a chapter 13 plan and missed a plan payment? Are you in a chapter 7 and missed a payment to your trustee for non-exempt asset turnover? Are you in a payment arrangement with a creditor to try to stave off a garnishment?

If you have an attorney you hod contact him or her immediately. If you do not have one, then if you can provide a little more info and clarification the I might be better able to help.

3. Did you miss a Ch.13 Plan payment? Some trustees are more lenient than others, but YES you will have to make it up BEFORE your bankruptcy is finished. Talk to your BK attorney.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.

4. Talk to your bankruptcy attorney. For the sake of answering your question, I am going to assume we are talking about a chapter 13 bankruptcy payment plan and you missed your first payment.

If your in Colorado Springs, then your chapter 13 trustee is Doug Kiel; in general, so long as the payments are current by the date of the first confirmation hearing, no harm, no foul.

Bottom line, pay to bring it current, and you should be fine.