I miss court in will county Illinois. The judge issued a bench warrant. I called the courthouse and they said to file a motion

Asked over 3 years ago - Joliet, IL

to quash the warrant. I live in another state and I want to get this taken care of, but I am not sure how to file the necessary paperwork. I am going through a messy divorce and custody issues with my daughter. I need to get this taken care of asap and don't want to cause any more problems.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daniel G. Galivan

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . You will need to retain an attorney to get the motion to quash filed and set a date when you can appear in Will County (unless you want to travel here to file the motion yourself and then retrun again on the court date). Most of us would handle that for a very reasonable fee; you may as well be prepared to try to dispose of the pending case (a DUI?) while you are in town for that appearance. You may call 630-323-2875 for a free consultation.

  2. Ted Harvatin


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Find a local lawyer, he can get the warrant quashed, put back on the docket. Then you have to deal with the dui.

  3. Larry D Lamson


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You should contact an attorney in the county in Illinois where the court is located to have him/her file the motion for you. The sooner this is done the better off you will be. Check out the AVVO listing and take care of this asap.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,415 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,415 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering