I miss court in will county Illinois. The judge issued a bench warrant. I called the courthouse and they said to file a motion

Joliet, IL |

to quash the warrant. I live in another state and I want to get this taken care of, but I am not sure how to file the necessary paperwork. I am going through a messy divorce and custody issues with my daughter. I need to get this taken care of asap and don't want to cause any more problems.

1. You should contact an attorney in the county in Illinois where the court is located to have him/her file the motion for you. The sooner this is done the better off you will be. Check out the AVVO listing and take care of this asap.

2. You will need to retain an attorney to get the motion to quash filed and set a date when you can appear in Will County (unless you want to travel here to file the motion yourself and then retrun again on the court date). Most of us would handle that for a very reasonable fee; you may as well be prepared to try to dispose of the pending case (a DUI?) while you are in town for that appearance. You may call 630-323-2875 for a free consultation.

3. Find a local lawyer, he can get the warrant quashed, put back on the docket. Then you have to deal with the dui.