I met a girl who was here visiting the US with a tourist visa, we want to get married. What's the best, quickest, easiest way?

Asked over 1 year ago - Salt Lake City, UT

She has since returned to Argentina, I went and visited her for two weeks, and she is planning on coming to the US again in a couple of weeks.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Option 1: Get married in Argentina, then petition her.
    Option 2: Petition her for a K-1 visa, and get married within the 90 day after her entrance to the US with that visa.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Jorge Luis Delgado

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Since she is coming to USA, it is probably faster to get married in the United States. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until you both are in Argentina. USCIS does not accept marriages by proxy until the marriage is consummated, meaning you'd still have to Argentina or wait for her return to USA.

  3. William R. Borene

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Ferrari 100%

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,102 answers this week

3,338 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,102 answers this week

3,338 attorneys answering