I met a girl in Ghana on internet.she flew to Philadelphia airport. She had 5 gold bars from her fathers inheritance.

Newark, DE |
Filed under: Immigration

She was told she could sell them easier here.she said they detained her and sent her back. Is this a possibility or was she losing to me?

Need more facts. Who detained her and why?

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

She could be lieing to me about even coming. She text me and said they put her in a room until they found her a flight back. customs I assume..I've talked to her for months and she never asked for money. I sent her airfare so we could meet.she was going to stay with me awhile and then go back.i was even willing to go over after she left to meet freinds and whomever.she said over there she needs a lawyer and some other co.to help her sell them there. She could have scammed me who knows.just curios about matter.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

Scam, without question.

Anything is possible. Why do you care? Maybe she was a smuggler. However, it seems that there is something else going on here. Maybe, she asked you to pay for her ticket?...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

We need more facts about why she was detained and denied admission. They probably issued her a notice at the airport when they denied her admission explaining the grounds for her denial. You should review this with an attorney. But if she had five gold bars, she seems like quite a catch.

It sounds like you may have been scammed.
http://www.419eater.com/

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. I am licensed to practice law in the State of Delaware and this answer assumes Delaware law applies to the question unless otherwise stated. Unless and until we enter into a formal written engagement agreement, neither Berger Harris, LLC nor any of its attorneys represent you or have any duties toward you. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or review of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Do not send us information until you speak with one of our lawyers and get authorization to send that information to us. In some jurisdictions, this World Wide Web site may be considered advertising. Before making your choice of attorney, you should give this matter careful thought. The selection of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon written information about our qualifications and experience. Berger Harris, LLC has endeavored to comply with all known legal and ethical requirements in providing the information found on this website. Berger Harris, LLC does not desire to represent clients based upon their review of any portions of this website that do not comply with legal or ethical requirements in their jurisdictions.

Brian M Gottesman

Brian M Gottesman

If you paid for her ticket, and then she never showed up and gave you a story about being detained and deported, I can pretty much guaranty that you were scammed.