I married this guy 2 years ago. he is an abuser, but i didn't get the divorce. the interview for the green card is in 25 days.

Asked about 1 year ago - Medford, MA

what if i dont go.
We r married, do everything that a couple do but we r not in a relationship.
he said if i didnt help him he would kill me. he forced me to lie about my taxes, so i could b his sponsor. the thing is, he still abuses me in every way. emotional and physical.
but he keeps saying that if i do something against him, he will kill me. And will put me in jail. but i know he is with me only to get the green card. i love him, and to me, im trully married.
but he tells me every time, that he dont love me, will never be in a relationship with him and that im the worst and meanest person he ever met. and that i will lie to the officer, if i if i dont he will put me in jail, he will say our marriage is fake. i owe over 7.000 in taxes. and i didnt even worked those 2 years. wh

i was depressed for 2 years, i wasnt working, and he made me file taxes for those 2 years. but i didnt make any money at all. This is torture.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Kira Gagarin

4

Answered . If he is abusive you should really think about calling the police and getting out of that situation to a safe place. There are many resources available to you.

If you do not go to the interview he will not be approved for his green card. You should not lie at the interview.

Good Luck.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

5

Answered . If you do not go, his case will most likely be denied. I am very sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you should also consult a family law attorney and an accountant about your taxes. Lying to USCIS is never a good idea.

4. Anu Gupta

Pro

4

1

Answered . You should talk with a family lawyer in your area for help.

5. Sergey Vladimirovich Makarov

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.