I married this guy 2 years ago. he is an abuser, but i didn't get the divorce. the interview for the green card is in 25 days.

Medford, MA |

what if i dont go.
We r married, do everything that a couple do but we r not in a relationship.
he said if i didnt help him he would kill me. he forced me to lie about my taxes, so i could b his sponsor. the thing is, he still abuses me in every way. emotional and physical.
but he keeps saying that if i do something against him, he will kill me. And will put me in jail. but i know he is with me only to get the green card. i love him, and to me, im trully married.
but he tells me every time, that he dont love me, will never be in a relationship with him and that im the worst and meanest person he ever met. and that i will lie to the officer, if i if i dont he will put me in jail, he will say our marriage is fake. i owe over 7.000 in taxes. and i didnt even worked those 2 years. wh

i was depressed for 2 years, i wasnt working, and he made me file taxes for those 2 years. but i didnt make any money at all. This is torture.

If you do not go, his case will most likely be denied. I am very sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you should also consult a family law attorney and an accountant about your taxes. Lying to USCIS is never a good idea.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You should talk with a family lawyer in your area for help.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

If he is abusive you should really think about calling the police and getting out of that situation to a safe place. There are many resources available to you.

If you do not go to the interview he will not be approved for his green card. You should not lie at the interview.

Good Luck.

I agree with my colleagues.

Tax law topics