I make a mistake in choosing Eligibility Country, which country should i choose in dsp 122 form(Dv visa program)?

I have been accepted in the diversity immigrant visa program 2014, in the Dv application i Listed the Sudan As my Country of Eligibility, but i was born in United Arab Emirates. can i change the Country of Eligibility to (United Arab Emirates) and write a note about that, or i should write the same country I've chosen in the initial Entry application(SUDAN), and do I have any chance to correct this mistake and get a visa?

Sudan, TX -

Attorney Answers (2)

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

If you are Sudanese citizen you can use either.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

I agree with my colleague.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Featured Legal Guides

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.