I make $10,000 less than my wife. Been married 28 months and going through divorce. Can I get temporary alimony and what amount

Asked over 1 year ago - Pinellas Park, FL

She makes $49,000 and I make $38,000. I have custody of four kids from a previous marriage and when she walked out it left us in a financial mess. Also, in the paperwork I received from her attorney, uniform child custody jurisdiction and enforcement act affidavit is on the bottom of the page. Is that standard procedure or is there something else going on?

1. David Jule Gruskin

1

Answered . If there are children of this marriage a UCCJEA affidavit must be filed. If you are uncertain of your rights please consult a family law attorney immediately.

2. John Arthur Smitten

1

Answered . Highly unlikely you will get any alimony. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

3. Heather Morcroft

Answered . A 28 year marriage raises a presumption of alimony if there is a need, you need to sit down and discuss that with an attorney, in light of your entire financial situation, in order to determine amounts. The UCCJEA affidavit is a jurisdictional requirement, it has to be filed with any action for divorce or the petition for divorce will not be accepted by the court.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  4. Joseph Julius Registrato

Pro

Answered . You have a short term marriage, a little more than two years, but yes, you may still be able to get temporary alimony if you have a need and your wife has ability to pay. There needs to be a full analysis of your case.