I mailed all the forms and documents to nvc in how many days nvc send a file to us consulate abroad?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I mailed the documents and forms to nvc in how many days nvc send a file to us consulate and in how many days I received a interview letter ? my case was I-130 familly based immigration and in normally how many days I get interview letter after submitting all the documents. my family is in Pakistan and my consulate is in Pakistan.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . How many months, you want to ask, I gather.

2. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

1

Answered . Pakistan can take a very long time for an interview. You must be sure that all of the documents have gone to the NVC first. I would estimate about 3-6 months minimum.

3. Stanley P. Walker

2

Answered . The NVC will notify you if it has everything it needs (and has requested) once your application is complete. It should also advise you that the file has been placed in the scheduling queue for an interview. Different consulates have different time periods for the scheduling of interviews. A general rule of thumb is that once the NVC has received all of the information, you should have an interview date within about 2 months. If the NVC does not have everything it needs, it will send you a document checklist specifying what else you need to do. Usually it takes about 2-4 weeks after sending something to the NVC for them to officially receive it and update their system. Patience is always a virtue. Fortunately, in my experience, the NVC is much easier to work with on receiving and processing information that USCIS. Best of luck to you.