I made a mistake on my I-821D submitted package.. I put country of residence: Mexico instead of USA

The whole package and evidence submitted clearly shows I live in the USA... How do I correct my error?? Should I just wait for them to contact me??

Actually, DHS define s Country of Residence as "the country in which an alien habitually resided prior to entering the United States."

http://www.dhs.gov/definition-terms#top

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I filled out the form.. specially since the country of residence question was right between Country of birth and country of citizenship questions... Thank you for your help and the link...

Pablo Husayn Nossa

Pablo Husayn Nossa

Not a problem. There is plenty of confusion out there.

Did you get the RFE yet? I made the same mistake but I am not sure if this a mistake as Pablo Nossa is saying it's not

No RFE yet.. I even had my biometrics done already.. so we will see what is next...

what nice!!! i'm sure everything will be just fine; I looked up on dream act forum and some people even called USCIS on this matter; they were getting different answers but at end end not matter what we will have a case as the as DHS definition really says we did right. Keep me posted please :) and good luck!!

Yeah I will keep you posted.. I don't think we should worry as long as we have the correct evidence in the package sent.. and good luck to you too..

Just wait for USCIS to send you an RFE

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

will I get a RFE even if the package already contains bills, lease agreements and evidence of my current USA address?? Can USCIS just correct my simple mistake?..

This is an example why you should not have been filing this yourself. They will contact you. maybe they ask to correct and maybe they just deny your case since you told them you reside in mexico. Impossible to correct now since you have no case number.

There was no reason to use an attorney... I have a clean file... It was a simple mistake.. If I get denied because of that then USCIS is not doing a professional process... Even an attorney like yourself can make a mistake...

Sonya Nicole Campbell

Sonya Nicole Campbell

But usually in law firms we have someone to thoroughly review the package before it is sent out. Additionally, had an attorney made the mistake, you would not have been liable for the mistake, the attorney would...

First, don't panic. USCIS will likely send you a request for further evidence (RFE) to correct the mistake. They may also ask you for other evidence regarding your case. If this happens I recommend you contact an immigration attorney of your choice to schedule a consultation so all relevant facts can be analyzed and competent advice given.

I agree with my colleagues, should you receive a request for evidence (RFE), you should retain the services of a competent immigration attorney near you in preparing your answer. Often times, what appears to be a simple process, on its face, can turn into a more convoluted process...

This response in no way establishes attorney/client privilege or relationship.

Did you get the RFE yet? I made the same mistake but I am not sure if this a mistake Pable Nossa is saying it's not.

Wait to see if you get a RFE. (There's a chance you may not get one) Then go through an immigration attorney.

Best of luck,

Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
www.dreamlawca.com
(888) 373-2602

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.