I made 60 payments on a car with about 35 late fees. At the end of the term I was told i still owe $5000.

Asked about 1 year ago - Covington, GA

After asking for an explanation or some type of arbitration the car was repo. I did paid the $5000 to get the car back. The car is listed on my credit report as a repo. Can I sue the company for my money back?

1. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

2

Answered . No one here can possibly know whether you are entitled to any money back, and you did not tell us why you believe the amount you paid was incorrect. You should review all your statements.

2. Kris K. Skaar

1

Answered . An attorney would need to review the contract and your complete payment history to determine if you were overcharged. Based on the few facts you have given, it is impossible to tell whether or not you were overcharged.

3. David Eugene Mullis

Answered . The answer to whether you are entitled to money back would be found in your note, security agreement and payments made history. For example if your contract stated that you were to pay 60 equal payments and you made all of those payments and made all of your late payments and other fees provided by the note and security agreement, you would probably be entitled to sue for money damages. Be careful, however, because sometimes a contract will provide for 59 payments of one amount and a lump sum balloon amount for the 60th payment. I agree with the answer that you should get your note, security agreement and proof of payments and take them to an attorney to evaluate if you have a claim.