I'm wondering what the outcome will be if someone committed a new felony on probation?

Austin, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

Probated charge assault family violence bodily injury 3rd degree felony. New charges assault impeding circulation 2nd degree felony with bodily injury and disrupting emergency call ,Class A misdemeanor and a motion to revoke probation.

No one here has been provided with enough information to tell you anything concrete. Based loosely on the limited information you provided, I would say it sounds very likely that this person may very likely be looking at getting violated and sent to prison. Which court? Which Judge? How long have they been on probation? Any other problems since being on probation or was this the only slip up? Lots of questions that can only best be answered by a Travis County Criminal Defense attorney who can discuss this with you or whomever the person this is for.

I am a NY criminal defense attorney and a former Asst. DA. While I may feel knowledgeable about a great many things in life, please understand that this does not in any way, shape, or form, constitute legal advice. This is just my take on the question presented. To get an accurate assessment of your case, you need to meet with a lawyer in your area before proceeding forward.

Failed drug test. Also violated an emergency protection order. On probation less than a year. Thanks

The victim was the same individual that was in both cases. Also the suspect has a previous criminal record as an adult. Thanks

Based on the sketchy facts you have given, it sounds like the defendant would very likely be revoked; but, it always depends on the individual circumstances and specifics.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith

Sounds like revocation of probation, imposition of jail or prison time on the first offense, and a whole new case with an underlying prior offense for the new offense. All in all, not good.

There is a strong probability that the individuals probation would be revoked and sent to prison. Two felony family violence assaults will not look good before the court. He needs an experienced criminal defense attorney if he has any defense to the charge