I'm wondering if my 30 day window of opportunity might have expired, they were sending notices to an old address of mine.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Baltimore, MD

I just got the first call a few days ago, and officially spoke to them for the first time yesterday. I'm going to send a validation request letter tommorow. How much leverage do I have in disputing it?

1. Mark William Oakley

2

Answered . What are you talking about? Are the letters and phone calls from a collection agency concerning a debt? If so, then there is no 30 day window applicable to you. If you demand verification of a debt, then THEY have 30 days to provide you with written verification, pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and until they mail you that verification, they must cease all further communications with you regarding the debt.

2. Constantine D. Buzunis

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Oakley