I'm wondering if my 30 day window of opportunity might have expired, they were sending notices to an old address of mine.

Baltimore, MD |

I just got the first call a few days ago, and officially spoke to them for the first time yesterday. I'm going to send a validation request letter tommorow. How much leverage do I have in disputing it?

1. What are you talking about? Are the letters and phone calls from a collection agency concerning a debt? If so, then there is no 30 day window applicable to you. If you demand verification of a debt, then THEY have 30 days to provide you with written verification, pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and until they mail you that verification, they must cease all further communications with you regarding the debt.

2. I agree with Mr. Oakley

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.