Skip to main content

I'm what you call a "Dreamer". I'm 28 now and a resident. For the first time this year i applied for financial aid. I was denied

Port Washington, NY |

because i did not registered with financial service. I wrote a letter stating i did not know and all that stuff.. I'm being told by the school that there's nothing they can do. Is this true? Is there anything i can do? i truly did not know nor did my parents. I'm just trying to finish my school. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated it.

Attorney Answers 1


You need to retain immigration counsel to represent you in this matter. Once you clean up your legal status, you should be able to obtain financial aid. This is an unfortunate situation for many thousands of persons, but thankfully the Obama administration seems to have taken steps to fix this. I am not an immigration attorney but I can refer you one who works in my firm if you would like. Of course, immigration counsel will expect to be paid for their time.

Mark as helpful

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics