I'm victim of kidnapping and murder,I need civil and criminal lawyer to open new case

Asked over 1 year ago - Sherman Oaks, CA

I was victim of kiddnaaping 2 month ago,but my detectiv didn't do anything ,I worry about my life so I need answer as soon as possible

1. Bennett James Wills

Pro

8

Answered . You answer is unclear as to what you want to do. Do you want to sue the person that kidnapped you? You weren't the victim of a murder - unless you're asking the question from beyond. You should contact the police again if you're concerned for your life or the local prosecutor's office. They may be able to help.

2. William Peter Daley

5

Answered . In addition to what Attorney Wills suggested, you can also file for a restraining order against this person.

3. Joseph Salvatore Farina

4

Answered . Sorry but you don't get to "open" a criminal case. Only the DA can file charges after reviewing the appropriate police report. The fact that the detective is not doing anything should tell you something. Either the facts don't support your claim or he is doing further investigation. As for a civil action, I suggest seeking a restraining order against the person who "kidnapped" you because I doubt a civil action will go anywhere. But you can always talk to a civil attorney and explain your case.

4. James Regan

Pro

4

Answered . Contact the District Attorney's Office and ask to speak to the victim's advocate.

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The likelihood of a positive outcome is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.
  5. Seth Andrew Weinstein

2

Answered . This question is better asked of a Private Investigator.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Southern California Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com