I'm very concerned with the expungement of my misdemeanor theft case tht happen 6 yrs. who do I talk to make sure of this

Asked 10 months ago - Houston, TX

Misdemeanor theft 6 yrs ago

1. Deepali Meenu Walters

3

Answered . If you were acquitted or the case was dismissed, you can get it expunged. You should call your old lawyer or anyone who practices criminal law in your area and hire them to handle it.

2. Wayne Allen Fowler

1

Answered . If you qualify to have your case expunged (I.e. you were acquitted or it was dismissed and a few additional Texas restrictions), it is a relatively straightforward and not too long of a process that many criminal attorneys can perform for you. Another option that exists when expungment is not available is non-disclosure. Your attorney will help you consider all of your options.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . Talk to a TX attorney. Expungements in Texas are very limited.