I'm very concerned with the expungement of my misdemeanor theft case tht happen 6 yrs. who do I talk to make sure of this

Houston, TX |

Misdemeanor theft 6 yrs ago

1. If you were acquitted or the case was dismissed, you can get it expunged. You should call your old lawyer or anyone who practices criminal law in your area and hire them to handle it.

2. Talk to a TX attorney. Expungements in Texas are very limited.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

3. If you qualify to have your case expunged (I.e. you were acquitted or it was dismissed and a few additional Texas restrictions), it is a relatively straightforward and not too long of a process that many criminal attorneys can perform for you. Another option that exists when expungment is not available is non-disclosure. Your attorney will help you consider all of your options.