I'm very concerned with the expungement of my misdemeanor theft case tht happen 6 yrs. who do I talk to make sure of this

Asked 10 months ago - Houston, TX

Misdemeanor theft 6 yrs ago

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Deepali Meenu Walters

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you were acquitted or the case was dismissed, you can get it expunged. You should call your old lawyer or anyone who practices criminal law in your area and hire them to handle it.

  2. Wayne Allen Fowler

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you qualify to have your case expunged (I.e. you were acquitted or it was dismissed and a few additional Texas restrictions), it is a relatively straightforward and not too long of a process that many criminal attorneys can perform for you. Another option that exists when expungment is not available is non-disclosure. Your attorney will help you consider all of your options.

  3. Anthony Michael Solis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Talk to a TX attorney. Expungements in Texas are very limited.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,579 answers this week

2,726 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,579 answers this week

2,726 attorneys answering