I'm trying to take care of a parking ticket from 2012 in Oakland, CA, and my question is about time limits.

Oakland, CA |

I received a notice dated Feb. 29, 2012 stating I had 21 days to respond. I dropped of my paperwork and deposit for contesting on Mar. 21st. I recently had a court date and the judge stated she couldn't hear my appeal because I waited 22 days. The 29th was considered the 1st day. Is this correct?

At this point the judge has made a determination. You could try to hire an attorney and fight this but it will cost you more.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

The judge is right.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets