I'm trying to have someone come and visit me in the States and not sure how to go about it

Asked over 1 year ago - Springfield, MO

I'm willing to be responsible for their actions. I will have them stay with me at all times..

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

10

Answered . You can submit an I-134 affidavit of support.

2. Daniel Warren Thomann

2

Answered . The steps to be taken will depend on the person's nationality and criminal or immigration history. Assuming they need a visa, you can prepare an invitation letter for them, but the process is usually handled through the US consulate or embassy in the country where they are. I've attached a link to the State Department page on temporary visitors, you may find it helpful. Good luck!

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

Answered . I agree with Attorney Thomann.