I'm trying to find out some answers on how to get a job with a past felony robbery?

Asked 9 months ago - Tampa, FL

Does any one have a idea on what someone can do if they had a felony robbery and trying to get a job? I need a second chance to prove myself so starting off with a job will be a wonderful transition.

1. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

1

Answered . I think that robbery is one of those crimes that you cannot get sealed or expunged. If that is actually the case, the only option would be to seek executive clemency, which is very rare and takes an inordinate amount of time. You need to seek out employers who hire felons. Do a few searches on the internet.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  2. Betty Elaine Jones

1

Answered . Keep looking. There are employers out there that will give you a second chance. You just have to have to have the willingness to keep looking. Its not easy but they are out there.

Sincerely,
    B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

3. Michael Adam Haber

Pro

1

Answered . Robbery is excluded from being sealed or expunged (see http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/cfbb... ) so the only hope that you have at "erasing" it from your record is to petition the Governor's Office for Executive Clemency (see https://fpc.state.fl.us/Clemency.htm ) - although you should know that the odds are probably about the same as winning the lottery.

Its sad that our pasts have to stay with us but we must strive everyday to be better for it. Keep your chin up and your head straight and I am sure that something will break your way.

Wishing you the best of luck!

4. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

Answered . This is not a legal opinion by any means, but I would show evidence of rehabilitation beyond doing time. Perhaps volunteer work for a needy segment of the population would be a good fit. Be honest and candid, and explain what you have done to change. there may also be some transitional organizations that assist former felons that can help you.