I'm seeking an experienced Surrogacy Attorney in Utah.

Asked 12 months ago - Salt Lake City, UT

We will be the Genetic Parents of a child/children born through a Gestational Surrogate who resides in Utah hence the child/dren will be born in Utah. We are Florida residents. We're looking for legal representation to ensure that the court recognize us as the Genetic parents so we can have our names on the child's birth certificate.

1. Waine C Riches

1

1

Answered . I presume you've already been reading about Utah law concerning gestational agreements. But just in case you haven't, the statute is at Utah Code 78B-15-201 and 78B-15-801 through 809. I've set out the pertinent part of 78B-15-201 below. To read 78B-15-801 through 809 go to: http://le.utah.gov/code/TITLE78B/htm/78B15_0801...

To be enforceable, it's critical that the information in the Gestational Agreement meet the statutory criteria, and, the Gestational Agreement itself be validated by the court here in Utah.

78B-15-201. Establishment of parent-child relationship.
    (1) The mother-child relationship is established between a woman and a child by:
    (d) an adjudication confirming the woman as a parent of a child born to a gestational mother if the agreement was validated under Part 8, Gestational Agreement, or is enforceable under other law.
    (2) The father-child relationship is established between a man and a child by:
    (f) an adjudication confirming the man as a parent of a child born to a gestational mother if the agreement was validated under Part 8, Gestational Agreement, or is enforceable under other law.

I wish you all the luck in your search for an attorney and the eventual addition to your family.

Waine Riches