I'm retired Army and spent $10K of my GI Bill to a school i believe was a fraudulant academy -COAGS in Mesa, Colorado. Litigate?

Asked over 1 year ago - Grand Junction, CO

I need a lawyer to help me get my GI Bill money plus expenses back from this fraud. I have enough proof to start a case i believe, with witnesses, i just don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a five minute consultation so here's the basics: Neither myself or the instructor are located in the american red cross database so he didn't teach us CPR legally and i can prove it. He made us watch get-rich-quick pyramid scheme videos so he could make more money from us. We had to do his slave farm labor because he was short-staffed. Our certificates are bogus and this guy is already in other lawsuits for fraud. Will anyone help a veteran in need? I need a Colorado Litigation lawyer please!!

1. Stephen Clark Harkess

5

Answered . To be blunt, what makes you think the unlicensed instructor who is currently embroiled in multiple lawsuits has any money to pay a judgment even if you get one? Further, I gather from what you have posted that you don't actually have funds to pay for the costs and work necessary to pursue the case? A consultation will not cost you thousands of dollars, but pursuing litigation will. The case you outline is unlikely to be appealing to any private attorney.

Have you tried contacting the Veteran's Administration and the Colorado Attorney General's Office? Those would be the best (and least expensive) places to start.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

Answered . Call your state bar association and request a referral or use the avvo 'find a lawyer' option to locate an attorney. Best of luck to you.

3. Thomas Porter Howard

Pro

1

Answered . I would suggest that you search for a Colorado attorney on www.cobar.org, the Colorado Bar Association web page, using its attorney search page.