Skip to main content

I'm on probation in PA and have a shy bladder that doesn't allow me to give urine around people. Is there anything I can do?

Media, PA |

As I said I have a condition where I simply can not urinate in presence of people. I understand this is an excuse given by many people who simply do not want to give a "hot" urine. This however is not my case. Legally can they violate me for my condition? I really need some help.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Is there a way you can get a note from the doctor which says what you say the doctor will say? That might help. I had a similar situation a few years ago here in FL. The defendant just could not urinate into the cup. The judge held him in jail until he could. There are about 150 Million tests like this per year in the US.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

  2. No. You cannot be violated for a shy bladder. However, you can be violated for not providing a urine sample. Speak first to your attorney. He or she may be able to speak with the probation officer about alternative methods to demonstrate compliance. You may also want to speak to your doctor about relaxation techniques that will help you to provide a sample for your probation officer. Good luck.

  3. I would count on having a violation petition filed if random or other drug tests are a condition of your probation and you won't pee into the cup as required by your probation officer. Since have ways of determining when someone switches urine on them, it may not be necessary to pee in front of someone. They may be right outside the bathroom door however.

  4. The attorneys above have provided you with accurate answers. Speak to your probation officer about the condition; however, you should be ready to be able to provide some type of authentication for your condition. Good luck.

    This response contains general information about legal matters. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. No attorney-client relationship is created by use of this website and there is no guarantee of results.

  5. The PO won't believe you so will need your doctor to put this in writing. Or, your doctor may be able to hook you up with a catheter.

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics