I'm on probation for DUI and have violated for not paying my fine due to not having a job

Eatonton, GA |

I can get a job now but im scared that i will be picked up if they do a back ground check.. what do i need to do

Employers are not concerned with violation of probation. If you need more time to pay, why not go back to court and request it from the judge.

Answers presented on this website are intended only for informational purposes and any use of the contained material is at the users own risk. Answers are intended exclusively as a public resource for general information, and this information is intended, but is not promised or guaranteed to be, correct, up-to-date, or complete. This material is not intended to constitute legal advice, as an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with the law offices of Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC, or the provision of legal services, and receipt of this information does not constitute such an agreement. If legal or other specific expert advice is required, then the services of a competent professional should be sought.O

but if i have a warrent out right now how do i do that. and i could start this job this week and start paying it to make everything up

Did you stop reporting because you couldn't pay? If so, that is the ABSOLUTE WRONG thing to do. Judges will not throw you in jail for not paying, if you are doing your best. However, they will throw you in jail in a heartbeat for not reporting. You need to do whatever it takes to get an attorney to work with you and your PO to get this matter resolved ASAP. The longer you have a warrant out on you, the harder it is going to be to clear things up without jail time being required.
M. Jason Rhoades

yes i did stop reporting but my probation said if i can make up the money they would drop the warrent

I suggest you retain a lawyer to make contact with the DA and the Probation office. Hopefully a solution can be worked out. In my experience, most judges will give you additional time to pay or catch up on probation fees. At times, the fees can be waived or probation could become non-reporting so that no additional fees are required. However, it all depends upon the case and the facts. If you require additional information, fee free to contact us at: www.rousecolaw.com

Best of luck,

Comments provided by S.Carlton Rouse are not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. In addition, the answer provided was based upon the limited information provided online, as such, any opinion/suggestion/comment could likely change after consultation and/or further review of the facts/documentation. For adequate legal advise, you should contact a lawyer and have a detailed consultation.

1st - I would advise you to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you ASAP. The attorney can work with the Prosecutor/Solicitor/District Attorney and your probation Officer to resolve the payment of the fine issue.

2nd - Keep reporting to your Probation Officer, even i you can't make the full scheduled payment. Failure to Report is a violation of your probation and can quickly result in a probation warrant being issued for your arrest.

3rd - Potential employers don't generally have any interest in performing the job of law enforcement. I don't believe that a background check by a potential employer would result in you being arrested.

Please do everything in your power to straighten out the probation issues that you have ASAP. The longer you fail to pay the required fines/fees and/or don't report the harder it will be to clear up! Good Luck!

The information provided in this response to a question is not legal advise and is provided only for general information purposes. My response should not be taken as legal advise as no attorney / client representation exists. Additionally, the information given in this answer is specific to the State of Georgia only and should not be applied to any other state.

I strongly recommend your attorney contact the Solicitor/Prosecutor and the Probation Officer. It may be possible to adjust the payment schedule. Even if you cannot afford the full payment, I always advise my clients to make a good faith effort by paying whatever they can afford at the time. And ALWAYS report to your probation officer on the scheduled date, even if you are behind on the fines. If the Probation Officer files a Revocation action, you may be facing jail time for violating the terms of the probation.

DUI topics