I'm on probation for a dui misdemeanor will I be able to travel to cancun, mexico for vacation

Asked over 2 years ago - Lansdale, PA

no details

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 11

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Typically there are no travel restrictions on misdemeanor probation.
    However, if you have a DUI conviction it makes traveling to certain countries, like Canada difficult.
    I would contact an immigration attorney.

  2. 9

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have 2 issues. The first issue is whether you PO will let you go because you will need permission to leave the state. Second issue is whether Mexico will let you in. If your PO agrees, then you should contact the US consulate in Mexico to ask if you will be permitted to enter.

  3. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . That depends on the conditions of your probation and on whether Mexico will admit you. Canada would not ordinarily let you in without a waiver.

    I'm adding an Immigration tag to your question to bring it to the attention of lawyers who might know Mexico's policies.

    If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.
    Thank you.

    --- Experienced DUI/DWI/OWI/Drunk Driving Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin

    --- Facebook Page Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin Drunk Driving / OWI / DWI / DUI Lawyer

    --- Field sobriety "tests" – Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin DUI / DWI / OWI / Drunk Driving lawyer

    --- DUI/DWI/Drugged Driving with Prescription Drugs – Madison Wisconsin

    --- Ten Days to Save Your License - Administrative Suspension and Refusals in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in... more

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Probation for DUI

DUI probation is intended to deter future drunk driving by establishing conditions that the offender must follow or face further punishment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,648 answers this week

3,726 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,648 answers this week

3,726 attorneys answering