I'm on probation for a dui misdemeanor will I be able to travel to cancun, mexico for vacation

Lansdale, PA |

no details

You have 2 issues. The first issue is whether you PO will let you go because you will need permission to leave the state. Second issue is whether Mexico will let you in. If your PO agrees, then you should contact the US consulate in Mexico to ask if you will be permitted to enter.

Typically there are no travel restrictions on misdemeanor probation.
However, if you have a DUI conviction it makes traveling to certain countries, like Canada difficult.
I would contact an immigration attorney.

That depends on the conditions of your probation and on whether Mexico will admit you. Canada would not ordinarily let you in without a waiver.

I'm adding an Immigration tag to your question to bring it to the attention of lawyers who might know Mexico's policies.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.
Thank you.

--- Experienced DUI/DWI/OWI/Drunk Driving Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin

--- Facebook Page Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin Drunk Driving / OWI / DWI / DUI Lawyer

--- Field sobriety "tests" – Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin DUI / DWI / OWI / Drunk Driving lawyer

--- DUI/DWI/Drugged Driving with Prescription Drugs – Madison Wisconsin

--- Ten Days to Save Your License - Administrative Suspension and Refusals in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police: