I'm on probation and I got a restraining order against ex. He called my po.

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

P.o came over and said I might should leave and let him have the house. The judge ordered me to occupy the house. Can she violate me for staying after I already have the order. He paid the bills while I was away but he's been incarcerated several times and I've done the same thing. She seems to be on his side.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Justin Gary Hausler

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If the probation officer violates you, your criminal judge should give deference to the family court order. Unfortunately, whether or not the probation officer violates you can be discretionary. The law says that the violation needs to be willful. If you end up getting violated, I suggest strongly that you let the judge know that you have a family court order which gives you exclusive use and possession of the home, If that's how it reads. I handle these matters and offer free consultation.

    Free Consultations can be made by calling 407-617-1064. Please understand that the information given is not to be... more
  2. John Arthur Smitten

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your best move is to stay away have no contact with the ex.

  3. Majid Vasigh


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . she can try to violate you, but you'd have a perfectly valid defense in that you were following a previous court order. stay away from the ex as if your life depended on it.

One or more answers have been taken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,978 answers this week

3,226 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,978 answers this week

3,226 attorneys answering