I'm on my 3rd MTR 4 delq pymts. How can I prevent them for revoking my probation or having 2do time since I'm a single mom w/job

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fort Worth, TX

I hv been on a 4yr pro since 06 for Poss Cs Pg 1 s(all clean) since then. They offered15mo State jail or 6-8mo SAFEP!? I have a good job&single w/2small kids. I hv no one to keep or even help w/them & NO contact w/father. How can I get them 2not lock me up&lose everything?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are in a very serious situation. You need to hire a defense attorney to handle this for you. If you got to SAFP, you will be in custody for about a year. You have to wait in custody for several weeks for a bed to be available. Then it's a six to nine month program with three months in a halfway house. If this is a state jail felony, you might be better off seeing if you can get a 12.44(a) with time served. This means taking a conviction but keeping you out. A 12.44(a) sentences you to state jail but allows you to do county time instead of actually going to the state jail. It sounds like you have at least 120 days backtime, so this may be possible. Inability to pay is an absolute defense to a violation that is only alleging fees. You have got to hire an attorney to handle this.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  2. Carmine John Giardino

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am surprised you got jail time just for falling behind on payments, which is not a valid reason to do what they did to you. You really need to hire a good lawyer.

  3. Richard Timothy Jones

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If your only issue is fees then you can't be revoked for failure to pay. If you have other issues your attorney needs to work on trying to get your story before he judge.
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Probation for criminal conviction

Probation is when an offender is released from serving a prison sentence and is instead put under supervision. The degree of supervision depends on the crime.

Jared Clayton Austin

Michigan Probation Violations

Probation is a sentence imposed in lieu of incarceration when you are found guilty of a crime. This allows people to continue on with their lives in the civilian world while still being... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,493 answers this week

3,584 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,493 answers this week

3,584 attorneys answering