I'm on LA visa in US and my project will end in Junior . How can i change my status from LA to 2 ; my spouse is on 1 as well ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hartford, CT

I am expecting with EDD in Julys . And chances are that my project assignment might not extend beyond June . While I deliver I wont be able to travel back to my home country . My spouse's assignment is with same company and he is on 1 . I do not have a 2 visa stamping but I do have a 1 / 2 ( business / tourist ) visa . What all process do I need to follow to convert my LA status to 2 after Junette ?

I'm on L1A visa in US and my project will end in June 13 . How can i change my status from L1A to L2 ; my spouse is on L1A as well ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . By simply filing a Form I-539 Change of Status (COS) application. Read the instructions for the documentary evidence you must include.

2. Christian Schmidt

2

1

Answered . You must file Form I-539 before your employment in ends.

3. Dana Roxana Bucin

Answered . If your spouse is here on an L-1A, you are eligible to change status to L-2 but my strong recommendation is to contact a lawyer for immigration planning since there may be factors that could affect this advice - such as what your long-term immigration goals would be and how to best achieve those (extending your own L-1A or changing to L-2). It also depends on your husband's situation.

4. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . You have to proofread your question. It is very hard to follow with numbered visas and Junette for month. You need to seek change of status to L2 is the 1 of your husband is L1 or H4 is his 1 is H1B. Hire a lawyer and save yourself a lot of hassle.