Skip to main content

I'm on LA visa in US and my project will end in Junior . How can i change my status from LA to 2 ; my spouse is on 1 as well ?

Hartford, CT |

I am expecting with EDD in Julys . And chances are that my project assignment might not extend beyond June . While I deliver I wont be able to travel back to my home country . My spouse's assignment is with same company and he is on 1 . I do not have a 2 visa stamping but I do have a 1 / 2 ( business / tourist ) visa . What all process do I need to follow to convert my LA status to 2 after Junette ?

I'm on L1A visa in US and my project will end in June 13 . How can i change my status from L1A to L2 ; my spouse is on L1A as well ?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. By simply filing a Form I-539 Change of Status (COS) application. Read the instructions for the documentary evidence you must include.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. You must file Form I-539 before your employment in ends.

  3. You have to proofread your question. It is very hard to follow with numbered visas and Junette for month. You need to seek change of status to L2 is the 1 of your husband is L1 or H4 is his 1 is H1B. Hire a lawyer and save yourself a lot of hassle.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

  4. If your spouse is here on an L-1A, you are eligible to change status to L-2 but my strong recommendation is to contact a lawyer for immigration planning since there may be factors that could affect this advice - such as what your long-term immigration goals would be and how to best achieve those (extending your own L-1A or changing to L-2). It also depends on your husband's situation.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics