Skip to main content

I'm on H1b valid visa and living in USA. i gave divorce to my wife and she got H4 while there..she never been to USA, new H4?

Atlanta, GA |

I'm on H1b valid visa and living in USA. I did marriage in india May-2011. I gave divorce to my old wife on Jan-2012 and did marriage with new wife on FEB2012.

meantime there, my old wife got H4 dependent visa but she never been to USA.

Now i would like to get new visa H4 for my new wife to come USA...what is policy for apply for this visa?

which other document should my new wife to carry while attending Visa call?

do i need to inform US consulate in India first ?

Thanks for your help!!

Attorney Answers 3


The process should be the same as your ex-wife. Your current wife should bring original documents of divorce decree and new marriage certificate. Make sure to bring some bona fide marriage between you and your current wife too in addition to proof of your valid H-1B status in the US

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You really should be seeking advice from an Immigration lawyer. Most family law attorneys are not going to have the answer you are looking for.

I am exclusively a family law attorney, practicing primarily in the metro Atlanta, Georgia trial courts. However, I handle appeals from anywhere in Georgia.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I've changed the practice area of your complaint to "Immigration Law". Hopefully you will obtain useful responses to your question from attorneys with knowledge in that practice area.

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree

1 comment



thanks! looking forward to it!!

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics