I'm on H1 visa with I-140 approved, my wife is in India with tourist visa and now she wanna come to usa on h4

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

1) What is the process and what documents are required

2) will there be a problem for the us embassy to change from b1/b2 to h4

3) can my wife can go on vacation back to india on h4?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . She contacts the consulate; schedule an appointment; gets visa and comes.

that depends on the strength of your H1B

Yes she would be able to.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Repeat question ... see my other response.

3. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

1

Answered . This is a more complicated answer than a few sentences. Also a good answer will require more information from your end, so schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . Ideally contact your employer to help out with the process. If it is not covered, your wife will independently apply for H-4 at the Consulate. For documents, check out the Consulate's website. The visa is not "changed." She will be granted H-4 in addition to her B1/2 or they may cancel it. It is up to the Consulate's discretion. Yes, she can travel and re-enter on H-4.