I'm on federal probation an yesterday my p.o called me to take a drug test

Rochester, NY |

Now my p.O KNOWS IM TAKEN PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION FOR MY BROKEN ANKLE OXYCODON IS WHAT IM TAKEN SO MY TEST CAME BACK POSITIVE SO NOW HE WANTS TO SEND IT TO THE LAB BUT I HAD TO SIGN A PAPER BUT HE DID NOT WANT TO GIVE ME A COPY OF THE PAPER I WAS GOING TO SIGN WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS AN BY THE WAY THAT WAS THEY ONLY THING THAT CAME BACK POSITIVE.

1. You can wait for the lab results but also ask to speak to a supervisor at probation,

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. You should wait and see if they file a violation. If one is filed you will get a copy of all pertinent question. The issue is whether you had special conditions relating to the use of controlled substances. Good luck.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

3. Contact your attorney. Make sure you keep your prescription bottle or get a copy of the prescription from your doctor.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. That is not a problem as long as they did not tell you that you could not take the prescription drugs. The judge will not worry about it too much.