I m on F1 visa status got DUI in last week of December, got my car totaled with hitting another one too, how should i proceed?

It did not show in DMV records until 14th jan so i went to dmv and got temperory licence because i was too drunk and had accident and was hospitalized, i wasnt sure if i got DUI, but then i just received a pink letter with marked on "Forced Blood-test" in it as reason or something, as a F1 student visa, how should i proceed with this? thanks in advance.

Hawthorne, CA -

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Hire a lawyer.
Hire a lawyer.
Hire a lawyer.

I am concerned that you are working while on an F ... I assume that your foreign student adviser knows about and helped you get the proper work permit.

Hire a lawyer.
Hire a lawyer.
Hire a lawyer.

Eric Elliot Ludin

Eric Elliot Ludin

Immigration Attorney - Saint Petersburg, FL

First, you need to see a criminal lawyer. The lawyer will find out if you have been charged with dui. Was anyone else injured in the accident? It is possible you were or will be charged with something more serious. Once you know you have been charged with a crime and what the crime is, see an immigration lawyer.

Dean P Murray

Dean P Murray

Immigration Attorney - Hoboken, NJ

A DUI conviction has serious consequences for foreign nationals or even resident aliens. You owe it to yourself to contact a lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Related Advice