I'm on a tourist visa extension, but I'd like to stay in the U.S. longer (at least for 1 more year). What options do I have?

Asked over 2 years ago - Saint Louis, MO

1. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

2

Answered . Change status to another nonimmigrant category such as student. Talk with an immigration attorney.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . You won't be able to obtain 2 years on a 'tourist' visa ... unless you go home & return at a later time.

You can try to become a student, or something else.

You would be wise to have a private consultation with an attorney.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel - Capriotti International Law – 503-803-0055
    SKYPE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE - franco@capriotti.com - www.capriotti.com
    We are not geographically limited ==> Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Not enough facts to determine whether there are any options.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.