I'm on a tourist visa extension, but I'd like to stay in the U.S. longer (at least for 1 more year). What options do I have?

Saint Louis, MO |

Change status to another nonimmigrant category such as student. Talk with an immigration attorney.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

You won't be able to obtain 2 years on a 'tourist' visa ... unless you go home & return at a later time.

You can try to become a student, or something else.

You would be wise to have a private consultation with an attorney.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel - Capriotti International Law – 503-803-0055
SKYPE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE - franco@capriotti.com - www.capriotti.com
We are not geographically limited ==> Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Not enough facts to determine whether there are any options.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.