I m on 2 and my wife is on 1 . I want to apply for 2 visa while in US . Can I travel to Canada while my 2 is under process ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

right now i am in US on visitor 2 visa . my wife is on 1 visa . I want to change my status to 2 visa from within USA . my question is while my 2 is under process , can i leave US to travel to Canada ? kindly help me with your guidance .

I dont know what went wrong but i meant i am on B2 visa and my wife is on F1 visa. I am planning to apply F2 visa from within USA. My question was can i travel to Canada while my F2 is under process ?

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

3

Answered . If you seek to change status, and you leave the U.S. your application will be considered abandoned.

2. Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Pro

1

Answered . You are on a 2 visa? What are you referring to?

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . Leaving he country while a change of status is pending is considered abandonment of the application.