Skip to main content

I m on 2 and my wife is on 1 . I want to apply for 2 visa while in US . Can I travel to Canada while my 2 is under process ?

Jersey City, NJ |

right now i am in US on visitor 2 visa . my wife is on 1 visa . I want to change my status to 2 visa from within USA . my question is while my 2 is under process , can i leave US to travel to Canada ? kindly help me with your guidance .

I dont know what went wrong but i meant i am on B2 visa and my wife is on F1 visa. I am planning to apply F2 visa from within USA. My question was can i travel to Canada while my F2 is under process ?

Attorney Answers 3


If you seek to change status, and you leave the U.S. your application will be considered abandoned.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You are on a 2 visa? What are you referring to?

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site:

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Leaving he country while a change of status is pending is considered abandonment of the application.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics