I'm not sure what works as proof to state I was here june 15 of 2012 for the DACA (deferred action for childhood arrivals)?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Denver, CO

So I'm applying for the work permit also known as deffered action and I need to find a proof to state that I was here June 15th but I can't find anything but a credit transaction. The thing is that my mom has a hold of my account and I'm not sure if that'll work. I also babysat around that time but I'm not sure if a card from the family that I babysat for is considered an affadavit since it was only a stipend job. I also took a cpr class around that time but it was around late june so I'm not really sure if that'll help either! Can someone just tell me what will work and what won't?

1. Theodore S. Huang

6

Answered . To show presence on June 15, 2012, you can include supporting docs such as the following:

Rent receipts or utility bills
    Employment records (pay stubs, W-2 Forms, etc)
    School records (letters, report cards, etc)
    Military records (Form DD-214 or NGB Form 22)
    Official records from a religious entity confirming participation in a religious ceremony
    Copies of money order receipts for money sent in or out of the country
    Passport entries
    Birth certificates of children born in the U.S.
    Dated bank transactions
    Social Security card
    Automobile license receipts or registration
    Deeds, mortgages, rental agreement contracts
    Tax receipts, insurance policies

For assistance with a DACA application, please contact an immigration attorney.

2. Eric Hoshang Pavri

3

1

Answered . Definitely use the checklist provided above to guide you. I would certainly include any certificate from that CPR class in late June, along with any evidence that you have that you were in the US in early June. USCIS has made clear through the guidance that it has issued over the past few months that while they are requiring people to prove physical presence, you don't need to prove every single day or even month of the years since June 15, 2007, or have evidence specifically from June 15, 2012. I would also include a letter from the folks you babysat for -- it can certainly help to support your claim to have been here on that day. And turning any letter into an affidavit is simple -- just have the person writing the letter wait to sign it until they can do so in the presence of a notary public who will notarize it. But even if you don't get it notarized, a letter like that can still be helpful.

I also second the other responders' comments that it's worth it for you to consult with an attorney about this process. They can make sure that your forms are done correctly, that you have strong supporting evidence, and that there's not some other reason (e.g. certain criminal or traffic convictions) that could cause you problems.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . Attorney Huang has provided you with a comprehensive list of suggested documents to prove your presence.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . I agree with Attorney Huang ... and support the concept of you hiring an attorney to help you.