I'm Not Getting The Big Picture?? Keeping sentences short to get max # of words in.

Pensacola, FL |
Filed under: Personal injury

Motorcycle wreck, other party ticketed. I have no PIP on the cycle. They are fighting the ticket. They have a $300k upper policy limit, but they wont pay anything. I have had to fix my bike under my INS, and now have to start paying my medical under my INS. Deductibles hurt. Im physically hurt but not to any extreme. Nothing I wont heal from. If I'm having to pay everything, and my attorney is saying "yup" to that; why the hell did I hire an attorney? I expect in the end the ticket will hold and their INS will have to pay my repairs and medical. So whats the attorney going to do for me? I'm not understanding the concept I guess. EVERYBODY told me to get a lawyer, and the other party lawyered up too. But why? I didnt expect to bleed deductibles. I thought getting a lawyer would prevent that

Is your lawyer charging you hourly? If the fee is contingent, you haven't paid anything yet. At this point, your lawyer cannot recover your deductibles without waiving the rest of the claim. When you have reached your maximum medical improvement, your lawyer will probably move your case towards settlement or trial. Then you should recover your deductibles and something for your injuries.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me vblawyer@bellsouth.net, or visit my website http://www.millerlawoffices.us

2. Without a lawyer, you'd get either #1. no money or #2. a tiny nuisance settlement. Don't play lawyer, retain one so you can get properly compensated.

3. Don't delay seek the direct advice from a lawyer in your location. While legal information can initially be helpful, seek counsel.

4. You seem to be getting off on the wrong foot with your attorney. I suggest you schedule a face-to-face meeting with your attorney to discuss your concerns before they fester further.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

5. I agree with Mr. Lundeen. You need to talk with your current motor vehicle attorney about your expectations, and if he does not meet or exceed your expectations, you have every right to hire a new motorcycle accident attorney. Best of luck in your case.