I'm married to a U.S Citizen, I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant,my interview is pretty soon. Can they ask for a paternity test????

Asked 9 months ago - Metairie, LA

I apply to adjust my status, and my interview is in a few weeks... One of my questions is what kind of evidence are they going to ask for, are they going to ask for a paternity test to prove that my husband is the actual father of the unborn baby, what else could they ask for??

1. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

7

1

Answered . Typically, a paternity test is not required. Assuming the child is your husband's child, you should include a letter from the doctor confirming pregnancy. Your interview notice has a list of evidence that you should bring to the interview. You to provide evidence that you married your husband to build a life together not to get immigration status.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Why would you even think about it?

3. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . What aren't you telling us?

Is your husband the father?

If so, don't be concerned.

If not, meet with an attorney.

4. Justin Eric Elder

Pro

4

Answered . Many states have a presumption that a child of a marriage is a child of the husband and wife together. If there is any doubt about this, you will really want to speak to a lawyer right away. If there is no doubt as to who the father is, then you have nothing to worry about.