I'm low income, but in need of a lawyer for a restraining order against me...where can I find one.

Sacramento, CA |

Are there any lawyers who only take money if they win a case, is that an option for me. Are there any lawyers who charge minimal fees or where I can hire a student lawyer to help me for a minimal cost. I have an easy case, just need to hire a lawyer for 2-3 hours.

You can check with the local bar association or local legal aid organizations for pro bono attorneys. You may qualify for it.

DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only. It doesn't constitute legal advice. This answer doesn't create attorney client relationship.

I would start with going to the Self-Help Center located in Courthouse. There is also the VLSP (Voluntary Legal Services Program) which can be reached via telephone at 916-551-2102. If you do not qualify for their services, I would ask them for a local referral to an attorney that has experience with restraining order defense.

DISCLAIMER The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Great answer!

Contact your local legal aid and see if you qualify.