I'm low income, but in need of a lawyer for a restraining order against me...where can I find one.

Asked about 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

Are there any lawyers who only take money if they win a case, is that an option for me. Are there any lawyers who charge minimal fees or where I can hire a student lawyer to help me for a minimal cost. I have an easy case, just need to hire a lawyer for 2-3 hours.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Kamala Maddipoti

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can check with the local bar association or local legal aid organizations for pro bono attorneys. You may qualify for it.

    DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only. It doesn't constitute legal advice. This answer doesn't... more
  2. Sarah Jeannette Haselup


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would start with going to the Self-Help Center located in Courthouse. There is also the VLSP (Voluntary Legal Services Program) which can be reached via telephone at 916-551-2102. If you do not qualify for their services, I would ask them for a local referral to an attorney that has experience with restraining order defense.

    DISCLAIMER The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should... more
  3. David B Pittman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Contact your local legal aid and see if you qualify.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,300 answers this week

2,800 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,300 answers this week

2,800 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary