I'm low income, but in need of a lawyer for a restraining order against me...where can I find one.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sacramento, CA

Are there any lawyers who only take money if they win a case, is that an option for me. Are there any lawyers who charge minimal fees or where I can hire a student lawyer to help me for a minimal cost. I have an easy case, just need to hire a lawyer for 2-3 hours.

1. Kamala Maddipoti

3

Answered . You can check with the local bar association or local legal aid organizations for pro bono attorneys. You may qualify for it.

2. Sarah Jeannette Arnott

Pro

3

Answered . I would start with going to the Self-Help Center located in Courthouse. There is also the VLSP (Voluntary Legal Services Program) which can be reached via telephone at 916-551-2102. If you do not qualify for their services, I would ask them for a local referral to an attorney that has experience with restraining order defense.

3. David B Pittman

Pro

1

Answered . Contact your local legal aid and see if you qualify.