I'm looking for basic information of the different courts in Fort Lauderdale.

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

In what specific courts do arraingments for misdemeanors and felonies occur? How are these cases sent on to the Grand Jury? Is there a city court?

Generally speaking, in Broward County, the Grand Jury is used primarily for cases where the charge is First Degree Murder or where a law enforcement officer has been accused of a crime. Arraignments for misdemeanors are handled in County Court; for felonies in Circuit Court. Jury trials are held only at the main courthouse in downtown Fort Lauderdale. There is a Fort Lauderdale City Prosecutor's Office. They charge Municipal Ordinance violations and prosecute their cases in County Court.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but the websites for the Broward County courts and clerk might help.

Here's the link to the courts -
Here's the link to the clerk -

If this answer helped you, please give it a "thumbs up" or “best answer.” Thanks!

Disclaimer: Provision of the foregoing response does not create an attorney-client relationship, does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon because the response is based upon the limited facts provided and it is impossible to meaningfully evaluate any legal problem without a thorough review of the pertinent facts and law which applies to the matter.