I'm looking for an estate attorney. I have some general questions about the length of probate.

Snellville, GA |

My grandparent died last January in florida. Everything seems to be taking far to long, maybe I'm wrong. If someone could take the time to speak to me I would really appreciate it. Just to many questions to type here.

Thank you

A few additional details that may help. January 2013 is the date of death. There are multiple properties different states and countries. I have read the wills but it defers to the trust, for everything. I can't ask my parent about any of it because it very much frowned upon. There is an attorney handling it, can I ask him if I'm listed in the trust and is anything that we discuss kept private? Do I need to retain an attorney myself?

Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation either).

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Gary Roger Waitzman

Gary Roger Waitzman

I agree

You need to retain a florida estate planning attorney to discuss the situation. If you are an heir or beneficiary the personal representatives are accountable to you. In addition, you should be able to ask the attorney representing the estate questions about the status. If you mean January of 2014 that is a very short time for the process. Even if it is a year ago January, there may be certain claims or litigation which could cause the situation to take much longer to settle. Good Luck.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

I agree

A Florida attorney can review the probate file and advise you what is going on with the file.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Gary Roger Waitzman

Gary Roger Waitzman

Mr. Pippen has offices all over the state. Contact a convenient office to review your situation.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Thanks Gary

Wills and estates topics