Skip to main content

I'm looking for a lawyer to help me search and locate for my mother's unclaimed reimbursement money in greece?

Flushing, NY |

My mother had a piece of land in athens greece area 37 years ago, but my mother had got married and left to New York and had never got the chance to go back. About 32 years ago she was told that the greek govt . , built property on top of my mothers land. Then later on in the years had reimbursement her for it, and its just sitting in the bank unclaimed. My family members tell her that the money is there and that why haven't she come to get it... So my problem is where and what bank are these funds located in, and are they still there?? You know with the problems in greece today..Who know's if there even there still?? My mother is sick and elderly and can't travel. Have not found any lawyer who can help:(

Attorney Answers 3


You need a lawyer in Greece.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Reach out to any relatives in Greece to help locate an attorney there. Also, there is a large Greek community located in the Astoria area, maybe someone there or an attorney there can help you locate an attorney in Greece.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Have you tried to follow up with your mother's relatives in Greece to see if they can give you any more information about the bank where the funds might be located. You might also check with the Greek government to see if they have any records relating to the event.

Other than that you would definitely need an attorney in Greece to help you; even if you knew precisely where the money is you would most likely need a Greek attorney to help you gain control of it.

My answer does not constitute legal advice and may not be relied upon by anyone for any purpose and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship or an offer to form such a relationship. This disclaimer is intended to be fully compliant with the requirements of Treasury Department Circular 230 and the terms thereof are fully incorporated by reference. If you wish to consult with me please contact me at dana@nytaxcounsel or visit my website at

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics