I'm looking for a lawyer to get guardianship of my 90 yr old god mother. She has a poa. That's not related. Is this possible?

Flushing, NY |

I really need help and don't know we're to look

1. You can reach out to an elder law or guardianship attorney in your area. Feel free to contact my office to discuss.

Sincerely,

Roman Aminov, Esq.

Law Offices of Roman Aminov

Estate Planning - Elder Law - Probate - Real Estate

147-17 Union Turnpike | Flushing, New York 11367
    P: 347.766.2685 | F: 347.474.7344

Roman@AminovLaw.com | www.AminovLaw.com

This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationship has been formed. Before choosing a course of action, it is always advisable to seek the advice of an attorney in your area.

2. Q: I'm looking for a lawyer to get guardianship of my 90 yr old god mother. She has a poa. That's not related. Is this possible?
    A: Yes. Look for an attorney (like Roman) who specializes in this area... none of this stuff is "routine" and your case presents some interesting issues...

This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer. You are not my client. You cannot rely on my response to your question. My response to your question is probably worth exactly what you paid for it. You don't get to sue me for anything. If you'd like to sue me, well you have to hire me first. Here's how you can hire me! #1 Call: 1-888-463-2843 #2 Email: david@davidcarrierlaw.com #3 See me on TV! www.woodtv.com - go to the Ask the Expert tab! #4 Listen to my radio show (2 full hours every week!) www.woodradio.com - go to the podcast section.

3. You need to retain experienced legal counsel and they will guide you through the process of having a guardian appointed. The POA has no effect on the guardianship.

Leonard R. Boyer, Esq. 201-.675-.5577. If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer" Please be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Child custody topics