I'm looking for a criminal lawyer licensed both Michigan and Canada.

Asked 11 months ago - Detroit, MI

Charged with impaired over 80 in Canada but im a us citizen. (this will be my second offense)

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jerome George Quinn Jr.

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague above. Please consult a Canadian attorney so that your best interest are represented.

  2. Zebulon Kelly Chandler

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . An attorney being admitted to practice in Canada and the US is not that common, and in particular within the criminal defense area due to it's somewhat localized nature. That being said you should probably retain a Canadian criminal defense attorney, hopefully from the area to represent you in a case like this. Their knowledge of the law and the local systems will be the most important attributes.
    Good Luck.

    This answer does not constitute a legal consultation, or definitive answer, nor does it establish a lawyer client... more
  3. Christopher Irvin Simser

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . My colleagues are absolutely correct.

    Start your search for a solution with a qualified Canadian attorney who practices DUI/DWI defense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,158 answers this week

2,751 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary