Skip to main content

I'm looking for a Consumer protection Attorney on contingency basis or payment plan who can be the voice for the voiceless....

Daly City, CA |
Filed under: Consumer protection

I'm in a business tort litigation with a funeral home where I was mislead by a funeral director, where his conduct violated various state and federal consumer statutes and law prohibitations against unfair and deceptive business practices. Besides misleading, after filing a lawsuit my family and I was harassed and threatened by the funeral home where we went trough a lot of emotional pain and distress.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I am sorry you have had to go through the ordeal you have explained. This Q&A board is really not a place to look for an attorney. May I suggest you look for qualified attorneys in the Find a Lawyer section of this site. If you are unsuccessful there, try your local county bar association. Most have a reputable attorney referral service. Also, spending some time on line with some key words may assist you in finding attorneys with some prior experience dealing with funeral homes.

    Do not give up easily. You may have to speak with many attorneys before you find one that see the value in your case.

    Good luck to you.

    This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

  2. If you have not already done so, you may want to make a formal complaint with California's Department of Consumer Affairs, Cemetery and Funeral Bureau. Many service vendors will go the last mile to avoid or resolve an investigation by the State that can result in the summary shut-down of the business. See:

    My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

  3. Sorry to hear about the apparent grief this matter is causing you. Although it's somewhat unclear from your description what exactly happened, it is a good idea to consult with an attorney as soon as possible to ensure you don't do irreparable harm to your claims in what appears to be a pending litigation matter. If you'd like to discuss further, feel free to give my office a call 510.981.0867.

    DISCLAIMER: This reponse is for informational purposes only and cannot be treated as legal advice. Legal advice depends on the specific facts of the particular matter at issue. Accordingly, you should not rely on or act on any information provided herein without consulting with legal counsel that is licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Office of Arthur J. Obolsky.

Consumer protection topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics