I'm looking for a Consumer protection Attorney on contingency basis or payment plan who can be the voice for the voiceless....

Asked over 1 year ago - Daly City, CA

I'm in a business tort litigation with a funeral home where I was mislead by a funeral director, where his conduct violated various state and federal consumer statutes and law prohibitations against unfair and deceptive business practices. Besides misleading, after filing a lawsuit my family and I was harassed and threatened by the funeral home where we went trough a lot of emotional pain and distress.

1. Neil Pedersen

1

1

Answered . I am sorry you have had to go through the ordeal you have explained. This Q&A board is really not a place to look for an attorney. May I suggest you look for qualified attorneys in the Find a Lawyer section of this site. If you are unsuccessful there, try your local county bar association. Most have a reputable attorney referral service. Also, spending some time on line with some key words may assist you in finding attorneys with some prior experience dealing with funeral homes.

Do not give up easily. You may have to speak with many attorneys before you find one that see the value in your case.

Good luck to you.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

1

Answered . If you have not already done so, you may want to make a formal complaint with California's Department of Consumer Affairs, Cemetery and Funeral Bureau. Many service vendors will go the last mile to avoid or resolve an investigation by the State that can result in the summary shut-down of the business. See: http://www.cfb.ca.gov/consumer/complaints.shtml

3. Arthur Joseph Obolsky

Answered . Sorry to hear about the apparent grief this matter is causing you. Although it's somewhat unclear from your description what exactly happened, it is a good idea to consult with an attorney as soon as possible to ensure you don't do irreparable harm to your claims in what appears to be a pending litigation matter. If you'd like to discuss further, feel free to give my office a call 510.981.0867.