I'm looking for a consultation with a criminal defense and tax attorney, preferably in one person.

Asked over 1 year ago - Camas, WA

I need some answers to specific questions regarding protecting my assets when my separated spouse returns from federal prison camp. Some say I need to speak with a criminal defense attorney; others say I should see a tax attorney familiar with government debt collection. Is there one person who specializes both?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Vitaliy Kertchen

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Since you weren't the one in jail, I don't see why you need a criminal defense attorney. If you're trying to protect your assets from the government (in a legal way), you should talk to a tax attorney.

  2. Richard Stephen Jaffe

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, there are criminal defense attorneys that concentrate or are otherwise experienced in defending tax cases.

    Any response given is not to be taken as legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship.
  3. Victor Ro

    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . First, go call a Family Lawyer. From there, consider other options (ie. other types of attorneys).

    Call me now.

  4. Paula Brown Sinclair

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Feel free to use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function. The Q&A is not intended for attorney recruitment (or client solicitation eithes).

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,127 answers this week

3,105 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,127 answers this week

3,105 attorneys answering