I'm in serious need of legal advice, PLEASE!! WHAT IS GOING ON?? WHO CAN I SPEAK TO ABOUT THIS?

Dallas, TX |

My fiancé got charged in two county's for drug criminal activity. (Something like that) He was in Dallas jail for a week because he got pulled over, and a warrant in Waco. (one of the countys he's being charged in.) Now he is in Waco. He's been there for 1 month and two weeks. He got a court date, and supposedly got put on probation. He's still in Waco jail though. He says he's waiting to fill out paper, and his other court appointed lawyer who's in Hillsboro. Now he had a court date today in HILLSBORO, and no one ever picked him up? When I called Waco, they claim they have no record of him having a court date in Hillsboro. My fiancé also called me saying he denied a plea bargain, (Not sure which county) and that the court appointed lawyers were trying to make case concurrent.

I feel like someone somewhere is giving my fiancé the run around, and it's pissing me off. Excuse my language, but I need an idea of whats going on. I have no knowledge of the system, so if someone can please give me some sort of idea. Why is he still in WACO if he went to court and supposedly got probation? Why didn't HILLSBORO pick him up for his court date? UGH! Also his court appointed lawyers assistant in Hillsboro is the one that told me had a court date on the 17 of this month...

1. He created the problem, you appear in court on the dates and inform the judge where he is and the problems and I am sure they will straighten this out, but first talk to him as he might be hoping they do not know about each other. (fat chance)

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

2. How can anybody here advise you on this? He and his attorney will know what is going on, not us.

3. Relax, it's the system. The sheriff of one county may not have had enough prisoners to make his bus trip worthwhile. If he doesn't like his court appointed attorneys there are enough around your area for you to pick and hire one. Maybe they can expedite the case.