I'm in serious desperate need for a criminal pro bono attorney. I live in kings county of california ,where can i find one?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fresno, CA

I have been appointed a public defender for my felony criminal drug case and i feel my public defender is drop filing my case and not representing me at all. i have no means of hiring my own attorney and no where to turn. Can some one tell me where i can find help

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I do not understand the phrase "drop filing".
    If you can show that your court appointed attorney is not performing as a competent attorney, you can ask the court for a new attorney. You have to show that the current attorney is performing below the standard of a competent criminal attorney.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client... more
  2. David Jon Pullman

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You are not likely to find pro bono criminal attorney, as that is typically covered by the public defender. A lot of people mistrust their public defenders because they don't get a lot of time to communicate with their clients, but they tend to be very competent and dedicated attorneys. In the rare case that your attorney is actually not adequately representing you, you can tell the judge that you want a Marsden hearing. If the judge finds that the attorney is not doing an adequate job, the judge will appoint another attorney to represent you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,507 answers this week

3,058 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,507 answers this week

3,058 attorneys answering