Skip to main content

I'm in drug court would I be allowed to take pain medicine if it is perscribed to me and they monitor my perscription

Glasgow, KY |

I have drug charges

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


That may be a tough sell, but it will depend on the approval of the probation officer and of course the judge. You will need the assistance of your lawyer to present medical documentation of the need. Hopefully that's enough.

San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney--19 years experience. Law Offices of Jay S. Finnecy


You're going to need Court permission and that may be hard to get. You need a lawyer to argue this one for you.


You need to review this with your criminal defense attorney and the presiding judge and your probation officer ahead of time so no problems arise that will violate the terms of drug court.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer