I'm in counseling, and have SSI for mental issues. Will they put me in jail?

Bement, IL |

I was put on probation cause of an ALLEDGED assault and battery. They couldn't find any evidence. So, I was ordered to do UPS but I couldn't cause of my issues. I have severe depression, anxiety, panic disorder and many others. Will the judge throw me in jail if I don't finish all the community service?! Please help! I can't go there! Will they give me another chance?!

1. You need help by someone local. A lawyer, whether private or legal aid, can help you present all those issues to the court and help you stay out of jail.

This is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is absolutely NOT legal advice that you should rely upon when making a decision. It is general information about the law in Connecticut. You need to consult with an attorney who will ask you all the facts necessary to give you specific legal advice for your situation.

2. You need an experienced criminal defense attorney. Your attitude won't help you. If you were put on probation, you were convicted by proof beyond a reasonable doubt/ So the assault and battery were PROVEN not alledged. You agreed to community service as a condition of probation and apparently did none. No judge will be too sympathetic to someone who just blows off a court order. A good criminal lawyer MIGHT get you a second chance.

Answers are for informational purpose and do not constitute an attorney clifen relationship.

3. Counsel Rothschild gave you the only reasonably applicable answer: you must have an experienced criminal defense attorney to present the above cited mitigating factors in the most favorable light to lessen the impact of the pending criminal charges against you. Will you serve time? That will depend on many factors and one of them is a skilled criminal defense attorney.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com