I'm in "testing and interview" status a month ago!!! How long I have to wait average for the interview dates in ATLANTA?

Asked over 1 year ago - Garden City, GA

I field my case by marriage from July 12th . I've already got my EAD,AP card.
....no Interview date notice yet!!!

1. David Nabow Soloway

3

Answered . The USCIS's Atlanta Field Office (covering all of Georgia and Alabama) is inconsistent in the amount of time it takes to schedule an interview in a marriage-based adjustment of status application. If a case is properly prepared and documented, an interview can be expected to be scheduled within approximately 3.5 - 5 months.
    [Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

2. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Also remember there is no set date. Don't be impatient because it will only make your life stressful and put you in a bad light when you go for the interview. The wait (usually) has nothing to do with you and could be just a function of the amount of people and resources available at the Atlanta office. Advise you to seek excellent immigration counsel to represent you at the interview.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Relax.
    Wait your turn in line.
    You have the EAD/AP ... there is no reason to be in a big rush. Infact, the longer they take, the better.

Why? Because you can accumulate more bank, credit card, etc. bills to prove the genuineness of the marriage.

Plus, if they don't do the interview until after your 2nd anniversary, you'll get a 10 year card without the 2 year restriction.